Tuesday, December 7, 2010

December update




I've started writing regularly for the Houston Press blog Art Attack. You can check out my latest article here which is a meditation on connections between the work of Marcel Duchamp and Houston's DJ Screw. I hope to be contributing to Art Attack at least if not twice a week. Comments over there are very welcome. Like a lot of blogs, the content is up and then it's gone REAL quick. But I guess that's how people expect their...um..."content"? It's kind of cool to see articles "shared" on Facebook or "retweeted" on Twitter (which I don't use...yet...). Hopefully I can keep up!

I have two new interviews in the works for this blog. I hope to have them up before the end of this month as they're tied to releases and events from the interviewees,

In February 2011, I'll have a couple of pieces for electric guitar ensemble premiered. More news on that to come. And my 2005 collaboration with choreographer director Rachel Cohen If The Shoe Fits will return in March 2011 (We just received a grant from Meet The Composer to help with some outreach we have planned for that show). As part of the outreach, I plan to blog about the creation of If The Shoe Fits and the collaborative process that is composing music for dance, so stay tuned for that.

Much more to come as we transition from 2010 to 2011.

No comments: