Sunday, August 10, 2014

New song and video collaboration with Meganoke



So in the midst of finishing a book and raising funds to help finish that book, I am reminded that I am also a musician, and receive this post-birthday surprise from my friend singer, lyricist, artist and dancer Meganoke. The song is one of several collaborations we've done this year, and there's more to come. The song title refers to bass line by Quincy Jones that you hear throughout. The production reflects my never ending love for dub music. Meganoke's voice sits perfectly within this world, and her melodies perfectly compliment the grooves, tones and atmosphere.

Meganoke and I will be creating more madness in the future. In the meantime, check out her website for more sounds, writings and photos.

Quincy
Director/Editor: Stephanie Chavez
Producer: Woven Feet
Makeup: Jennifer Lynn Larsen
Music by Chris Becker and Meganoke;
Lyrics by Meganoke

No comments: