Friday, November 25, 2011

October 30 at Avant Garden



Above image by Austin Osman

Wednesday, Nov 30 at 8pm at Avant Garden is the date for Robert Pearson's monthly New Music Improvisation Series. This is a free show. I will be doing a set on laptop and Kaoss pad with saxophonist, EWI player Seth Paynter. Seth is part of Houston's The Core Trio, a group I already enjoyed before getting the opportunity to play with them last month at 14 Pews.

Recent gigs in Houston have pushed me to stretch my ears and technique. I'm leaning less and less on beats and symmetrical loops and am instead interweaving with musicians in a more organic way. The music of late has been dark, ambient, almost industrial, but very dynamic. It's accessing and giving voice to the emotions I'm feeling of late.

Michelle Yom solo follows after our set.

No comments: