Monday, December 12, 2011

Dec 22 at Avant Garden: The Core Trio with guest Chris Becker

The link below takes you to a sketch up on Soundcloud that might give you an idea of what I'll be doing Dec 22, albeit it with three other instrumentalists contributing, shaping, and taking control of the unfolding sounds. This is an unedited improvisation using Ableton Live:

http://soundcloud.com/cbeckermusic/sketch-for-avant-garden


Painting by Gottfried Helnwein

The image comes from the first and only piece of fan mail I ever received.

Dec 22 I'll be playing again with three of my favorite musicians doing a completely improvised set of music. With these guys, I've been able to take another step or two forward with the laptop as a vital component in a music ensemble. I believe there's still a lot of things to explore not so much perhaps with the technology, which is what much of my brethren seem to obsess with, but with playing in combination with your fellow human beings.

Hope you can join us. Singer Cindy Scott will perform after us accompanied by guitarist Brian Seeger.

The Core Trio with guest Chris Becker
Thursday, December 22, 2011
7pm
Avant Garden
411 Westheimer
Houston, TX 77006
$5 suggested donation

The Core Trio is:
Richard Cholokian – Drums
Thomas Helton – Doublebass
Seth Paynter – Saxophones, EWI, Gongs

Chris Becker – Laptop, Kaoss Pad

No comments: