Monday, August 25, 2008

Notes on new piece for Classical Guitar



09/02/2008 Update

Still planning to post notes. I did a lot of work on the piece this past weekend while keeping an eye on Gustav. But I've been busy writing and writing about writing has taken a back seat!

Some recent listening includes:

BB King - One Kind Favor
John Lee Hooker - The Country Blues of John Lee Hooker
Louis Moreau Gottschalk - Piano Music (Naxos American Classics CD)

08/25/2008

I plan to post some notes on a new piece I'm creating for classical guitar I'm calling Delta. In the meantime, here's a photo I took of the Tangipahoa River behind Grant Curry's home studio facility during my recent trip to Louisiana.

Highly recommend Ned Sublette's new book The World That Made New Orleans.

Also, a nice but brief article describing bayou life and Cajun culture appeared in the NY Times today.

More soon...

No comments: