Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Later on...maybe in a couple weeks...I...



...will post something more substantial and "composerly." I'm just back from SUNY Purchase College (see below) and now must focus on finishing my first piece for classical guitar (...which is kicking my ass - the piece will be premiered by great friend Dan Sumner January 10th in a concert presented by the Bloomington Classical Guitar Society).

I’m also wrapping up production on three tracks featuring my friend singer, songwriter, and bassist Jeremiah Hosea. These tracks are Jeremiah's original songs with contributions from many of the incredible musicians he's worked with over the years. You can check them out on MySpace for more details.

Also working on material to perform live in collaboration with singer, songwriter, slide guitarist Peg Simone. Our incarnation as a duo is dubbed Athena and we hope to play for you later this Fall/Winter. Her CD The Deeper You Get is one of my favorites. Please check her out.

Listening...

Isabel Bayrakdarian - Gomidas Songs
Armenian Choral Ensemble of Sofia - Armenian Liturgical Chants
Toru Takemitsu - Folios, All In Twilight
The Roots - Rising Down
JayLib - Champion Sound
Donny Hathway - Donny Hathway
Shannon Wright - Let In The Light

No comments: